"The Sonderkraftfahrzeug 250, is a light armored half-track. It is lightly armored and armed with a single MG34 for defense against infantry. The vehicle is used to deploy troops anywhere in the combat zone."
The Sonderkraftfahrzeug 250 (or Sd. Kfz 250, literally "special motor vehicle") is a German halftrack, designed by Demag in 1939 for use by the German Wehrmacht.
The halftrack was designed to combine the mobility of a treaded vehicle with the versatility of a wheeled one, and the hulled Sd. Kfz 250 was used for a multitude of roles throughout World War II, including troop transport, radio operations, forward observation, and reconnaissance. Its armor provided protection from most forms of small arms fire, but it remained particularly vulnerable to heavy caliber fire, including .50 BMG and above. Later versions of the Sd. Kfz 250 were equipped with higher caliber cannons, up to and including 75mm cannons, for use in combating light armor. This halftrack saw use until the end of the war, and was considered a successful battle implementation by German forces.
The Sd. Kfz 250 is a German Armored Personnel Carrier, capable of transporting large squads of infantry to the combat area with adequate armored protection to cover its passengers from small arms fire. The 250 is mounted with a forward-facing MG34, which is lighter and less versatile than the M2 Browning of its Allied counterpart. The Sd. Kfz 250 serves as a mobile spawnpoint for all members of your Mechanized Infantry Assault Team, an advantage which can turn the tide of any engagement.
- The SdKfz 250 is a spawn-point. Try to conceal the location. Use riverbanks, trees, hills, or other terrain masking to prevent the enemy from locating it.
- Do not steal friendly APCs. Doing so will not let your assault team spawn on it, and will remove the spawn capability from the squad currently using it.
- Holding crouch lets you lower the driver's bullet proof shield.
- The gunner cannot turn 360°, but the gun features a shield that protects him from frontal fire. The advantage of shooting while protected by the shield can be used to devastating effect.
- As a gunner, refrain from aimlessly firing at things that are not enemies or things that cannot be damaged by your rounds. You have limited ammunition, you make a lot of noise, and your gun has a cool-down time.
- Enemies love to camp these spawn-points. Be alert when spawning, and check your surroundings. If you are killed when spawning, let the rest of your team know!
- If you find numerous enemies seemingly coming from a direction that is unnatural based on the map you are playing, take a friendly along and scout the area for an M3 Half-track (the US equivalent to the German SdKfz 250).
- For more information, refer to Reto.Gargamel's APC guide, The ABC of APCs.
Infantry Supply Crate
Infantry Supply Crates are filled with ammunition and medic packs.
Anti-Tank Supply Crate
Anti-Tank Supply Crates are filled with the anti-tank weapon "Panzerfaust 60".
- SdKfz 250