The first major thing to understand about Heroes and Generals is that the game has two elements to it. The Hero portion of the game, also know as the Action Game, is where players actually fight the battles as an FPS Game similar to any other but set in World War Two. However, it has more objectives then most other FPS shooter (e.g. COD) you must capture/defend the points to win. The FPS battles are determined by the Generals portion of the game in the form of a RTS (Real Time Strategy) Game via the Campaign Map, also know as the Strategic Game. The Generals use their assault teams on the campaign map to move them around to assault/defend supply lines and eventually cities. The RTS portion of the game is determined by the generals usage of their assault teams. Meaning, in the Action game, you will only have available to your team whatever the generals send to that battle, unless you are playing training missions, in which case you and the enemies resources will be balanced (same amount of Assault Teams, same type, etc)
General Information[edit | edit source]
Common Questions[edit | edit source]
- Can you play just the Hero or General portion of the game?
- Everyone can play the Heroes (FPS) part of the game, however to play the Generals (RTS) part , you will need to get a character to rank 12, which gains you a command point, and purchase an assault team (with Warfunds earned in the Action Game).
- Is there a tier system?
- Yes. It's very limited though. There are only two tiers.
|Tier 1||You can only play Skirmish missions and you will be matched against other tier 1 players.|
|Tier 2||Play all mission types against other Tier 2 players.|
- How long does it take to get to tier 2?
- You must achieve rank 3 on your first character. This won't take very long, typically 4-6 games.
- Can I play with friends who are tier 1 if I am tier 2?
- No. For pretty obvious reasons. New players simply have to play a couple of games to hit tier 2 so they can then play with people who have already been playing the game for awhile. It's to prevent new players to the game from being clubbed.
- How do i spot enemies for my allies?
- In the game you spot enemy combatants, by aiming at one for 3 seconds, identifying them on the map and in the game for your team mates.
- How do you find and add friends to your friends list?
- First you need to know your friends name or a portion of the name. Then simply click on the friends icon at the bottom left corner of the window (steam or web).
On the next screen in the Search For Friends box, click on the box and type a portion of the name and click the search button. When the list of friends with those matching name or portion of name come up, find your friend and click on the ( + ) symbol. They will now show up on the right side as being in your friends list and green when they are online.
- Why can't I talk to my friend?
- Sending messages to friends is not particularly easy. If you want to send a message to a player, click on the chat bubble icon in the bottom left corner. You then have to find them in the faction chat list and double click on their name.
- Why can't I invite my friends to a squad?
- This is one of the most common questions. There are many reasons why you cannot do this and some of them are outlined in the Squads section.
- You are different tiers (tier 1 or tier 2)
- You are on different wars (you pick this at the start)
- You are on different factions (axis vs allies)