Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Type:||Infantry Fighting Vehicles|
|Main Cannon:||45mm 20K|
|Coaxial Gun:||7.62mm DT|
|Requirement:||- 9th Grade|
|“||The BA-6 is a heavily armed Soviet six-wheeled armored scout car. It uses the same turret as the T-26 light tank. It is armed with a 45mm cannon and a 7.62mm DT machine gun for defense.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
The BA-6, sharing the same closeable-shutter mechanic as the T-20 Komsomolets, also is affected by the same bugs. To re-iterate:
- The BA-6 driver can "flash" his shutters by switching to third person view, pressing crouch to close the shutters, and then spamming crouch to quickly flash back and forth between crouched view and third person. Because the shutters undergo a slow opening animation, the driver can effectively drive in third person while remaining under cover of his shutters.
- The BA-6 shutters can be "locked" by holding crouch while swapping out of the seat. If a recon is solo-driving his BA-6, he can effectively render himself invulnerable by cycling through the seats to the co-axial gunner seat, closing the shutter, swapping to driver seat while holding crouch (at this point, the co-axial gunner window is locked), and repeat the process with the driver's window to effectively seal off the gunner position from any encroaching infantry without AT gear. The BA-6 and T-20 Komsomolets are the only two vehicles capable of this ability, at the moment.
- The BA-6 works best with cover to hide behind, using the tall T-26-style turret to peek over cover such as rocks, walls, and other friendly vehicles. This also allows it to take advantage of "disposable armor", or the practice of pushing a civilian truck with the front of the BA-6 to a suitable gunning position. The Civ Truck will then take any incoming fire that doesn't strike the BA-6's turret directly, effectively adding a shell or two's worth of HP to the BA-6 which can make or break a gunfight with tanks such as the M5A1 Stuart or Pz38(t).
The BA-6 works best as both a solo and squad vehicle, able to engage most light armor frontally and select medium armor and tank destroyer units in certain scenarios, including:
- The M18 Hellcat at all ranges and almost all angles, due to its' thin 13mm armor
- The M10 Wolverine, shooting for any non-sloped surface such as the lower side, rear, turret sides and potentially the turret rear.
- The PzIII, shooting at the hull sides or rear, or almost any angle of the turret except frontally.
- The PzIV, shooting at the hull sides or rear, or almost any angle of the turret except frontally.
- The StuG III, shooting at the sides, commander cupola, or rear of the tank.
- The Hetzer, shooting at any non-sloped surface (Lower sides and rear, as well as the swivel MG turret).
- The M3 Lee, M4A1, and M4A3E8 Sherman variants from the side and rear
The BA-6 is able to kill all light tanks and tank destroyers in four hits, while requiring five or more for medium armor. The BA-6 also is unique in that it can carry two gunners, one on the cannon and another on a coaxial LMG beside the driver. The BA-6 also has unique feature in that it is the only recon IFV with closeable hatches as of Garman build, making driving the BA-6 slightly safer as the driver can actively defend from enemy snipers attempting to shoot him out. Additionally, the height of the BA-6 turret allows it to shoot over many walls and obstacles other vehicles, such as its' direct competitors the M8 Greyhound and SdKfz 222, cannot. This allows it to effectively take a hull-down position in many more places than most vehicles, making it a great defensive tool for Recons to use against armor. Another bonus is that the gunner is able to access a third-person view of the vehicle without exposing himself, allowing him to react to close infantry threats without exposing himself. However, the BA-6 has its' own share of drawbacks:
- The gunner, while he cannot be OHK'd via a headshot like the 222 and Greyhound, can be shot out without the enemy having to climb on top of the vehicle. The gunner's lower torso and legs can be seen through the front driver-side window, making him an easy target if the gunner is alone and tunnel-visioned in his cannon's optics.
- The BA-6 is rather slow, and is a larger target than other IFV's. Cover becomes all the more important before engaging targets, as the BA-6 will die in a measly three hits from most cannon-based light tanks such as the M5A1 Stuart or Pz38(t).
- The BA-6 turret is incredibly slow, making run-and-gun tactics you might be accustomed to with the SdKfz 222 much harder.
- The BA-6 is more expensive than the M8 Greyhound and 222 while only providing similar performance, meaning you'll be earning less cash than you would be using its' equivalent
- The BA-6 AP shell has a fair bit of drop over any extended range due to its lower velocity, compared to APCR rounds on equivalent 40mm cannons found on Soviet light tanks. Make sure to zero your sights before shooting at long-distance targets, and lead accordingly.
- The BA-6 co-axial gunner is also severely tunnel-visioned, much like the pintle-mounted MG of the T-20 Komsomolets.
- Because the BA-6 has an additional gunner seat, this means it also takes longer for a solo recon to mobilize his ride. A recon in the gunner seat must switch seats twice (each animation taking about a second apiece) before he is able to start the engine, waiting another .75 seconds or so before the craft will begin to move, compared to other Recon vehicles where the gunner only has to switch seats once.
|Factory||Vasyugan Light||Kutuzov Two Tone|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Using the BA-6 recon vehicle in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for using the vehicle's armament to destroy enemy soldiers and vehicles.