|Explosion Radius:||100 to 0 damage @ 7.5m|
|Effective Armor Penetration:||70mm|
|Max Armor Penetration:||110mm|
|1 Ammo Pouch:||5|
|Equipment Points||+ +|
|Faction Cost||40,000 480|
|Captured Cost||200,000 960,000|
|Cost per unit:||156.24|
|Ribbon Required:||Infantry Assault|
|Requirement:||- 5th Grade|
|Ribbon Required:||Tank Destruction|
|Requirement:||- 9th Grade|
The M1A1 Bazooka is an Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher. It is fired from the shoulder and is an effective weapon against enemy tanks.
History[edit | edit source]
The M1A1 Bazooka is a recoilless anti-tank rocket launcher, created to provide infantry a means to combat armored vehicles from a distance. The weapon uses 60mm self-propelled rockets, and has an effective range of 140 meters. Most commonly used were HEAT (high explosive anti-tank) rounds, but the weapon could be loaded with HESH (high explosive squash head) rounds as well, which were packed with plastic explosives on a delayed charge for the purposes of tactical building demolition, but were not known for being particularly effective against heavily armored vehicles.
The M1A1 and its various iterations found its way into the hands of most Allied forces during the course of World War II, and the weapon's success lead to its use by the United States up until the Vietnam War.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Bazooka is an American anti-tank rocket launcher, and it is an excellent tool for fighting armored units as infantry. This launcher greatly outranges anti-tank grenades, with good effect at 10-70 meters and moderate accuracy up to and including 100-150 meters. The sights can be zeroed to 50m, 100m and 150m. Replenish cost per rocket is currently 180 credits. Compared to the Panzerschreck the Bazooka reloads faster but the rockets fly slower, making it better when close to tanks where you need to destroy it faster than it picks you off.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Watch your aim, especially at longer ranges. If your target is closer than 50 meters, aim slightly lower than your intended target.
- Some tanks have armor thick enough to stop the projectile from penetrating. Aim for weakspots in the hull: tracks, sides, rear, turret, and especially from the top.
- Trying to hit the tracks first is a good idea, if either the right or left tracks are destroyed the vehicle is more or less immobilized and thus, quite vulnerable.
- The Infantry First CB combat badge increases damage to vehicles that only infantry can spawn
- The Iron Fist CB combat badge increases the damage to tanks.
- The Fast Reload CB combat badge may also prove useful, since it makes the risky task of destroying vehicles quicker.
- Strikes on sloped armor may cause the rocket to bounce off your target completely, doing no damage.
- Penetration value decreases over range, so get as close as safety allows before firing on heavy tanks.
- To save you some credits, you can preemptively grab a Panzerfaust and shoot the enemy tank with that first, which will save one rocket.
Camouflage[edit | edit source]
|Factory||Woodlands||Anodized Black||Army Green||Desert|
Gallery[edit | edit source]