|Rate of Fire||550 rpm|
|Near Range||61.6 m|
|Far Range||225.6 m|
|Reload Time||5.7 s|
|Faction Cost||158,000 1,900|
|Captured Cost||883,000 3,800|
|Ribbon Required||Infantry Assault|
|Requirement||- 9th Grade|
The DP 28 is a Soviet light machine gun. It uses a very distinctive 47-round disc shaped magazine which earned it the nickname ‘The Russian record player’. It has a rate of fire similar to the US M1919 Browning.
The DP-28 is a Russian pan-fed light machine gun, chambered for the 7.62x54 Russian caliber. The DP-28 is a very strong defensive weapon, combining high rate of fire with good damage, and can mow down large squads of enemies in seconds. Its long length, low hipfire accuracy, and inability to fire while jogging makes the DP-28 an awkward choice in close quarter combat. Burst fire is advised at longer ranges. It is slightly more accurate than other machine guns.
- You can walk or crouch to hipfire while moving. Very useful when approaching corners or inside buildings.
- Your accuracy increases substantially if you crouch or go prone.
- Always fire from cover, and be mindful of enemy positions. Your gunfire and tracers make you a prime target for snipers.
- Coordinate with teammates! This machine gun shines on the battlefield when supported by friendly units.
- This weapon functions better in defensive roles or as fire support for offensive units.
- Use suppression, or covering fire. Spraying at enemies in defensive positions will force them into hiding, allowing your allies to move up.
- It is advisable to carry anti-personnel mines or frag grenades to help defend your position.
- Crouch or prone in bushes and shoot at the enemies, they might not see you.
Specialist Ribbon[edit source]
Modifications[edit | edit source]
|Ammunition||Type D Heavy Ball|
|Barrel||Chrome Lined Barrel|
|This build mods the DP-28 for maximum damage.|
- Keep in mind that this build will still not enable you to kill enemies in two shots to the torso.
- Adding a trigger can increase rate of fire.
- Adding a sight will increase precision.
- High damage
Gallery[edit | edit source]