|Type:||Infantry Support Vehicles|
|Machine Gun:||M4 Quad|
|Requirement:||- 7th Grade|
|“||The Gorkiy Auto Zavod-AAA M-4 Maxim AA truck is a Russian tri-axial truck mounted with a quad Maxim M-4 Anti-Aircraft gun. Although the M-4 is designed for use against low flying aircraft it is also an excellent infantry support vehicle.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
is this it
- This vehicle is fairly slow so try your best to keep hidden from enemy aircraft and tanks alike, also an easy target for snipers.
- Nearly impossible to flip, but can get stuck if the front wheels are over a ledge.
- While using this truck, your primary target should always be enemy Aircraft/Paratroopers.
- It is advisable to only spawn these trucks when you are in a match with planes, keep in mind APC's are more of value to team effort.
- This vehicle has the lightest armor of the three mobile AAs. It is the only anti-aircraft truck vulnerable to the armaments of recon planes.
- This vehicle has the least cover for the gunner out of the three mobile AAs. It is very easy for enemy pilots to splash you out of the vehicle with HE rounds.
- This vehicle has the best infantry fighting capability out of the three, wide vision, great damage, and a high rate of fire will allow you to effectively create a no mans land if hidden well, hit and run tactics are recommended if fighting infantry at all for the gunner is very vulnerable.
- This vehicle is the only AA gun in the game (out of all stationary and mobile AAs) to have an accurate aimpoint without using precision mode. Use this to your advantage to fight low flying aircraft and closeby infantrymen.
- The Maxim AA mounted on the back cannot be aimed parallel with the ground as with the other added mobile AA's.
- In order to fire effectively at infantry the Gaz-AAA must be on an incline or hill in order to aim at the infantry, in urban setting use sidewalks and other ledges to tilt the gun down, in a forest setting use a steep hill/cliff or even a rock.
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,200||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||3,400||42|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||6,800||82|
General Use:[edit | edit source]
The GAZ-AAA, the Soviet Union's Mobile AA solution for infantry, is effectively a civilian truck with an LMG mounting system that allows the user to fire at passing aircraft. The inherent traits of a low-caliber AA weapon such as the M4 Quad Maxim make this weapon deadly against paratroopers, as it is extremely accurate, has a high rate of fire, and a MASSIVE magazine for halting enemy paratrooper assaults without the need to reload. However, what the M4 Maxim gains in anti-paratrooper capability, it trades in anti-aircraft capability, having the lowest DPS vs enemy aircraft of all AA solutions in the game. This makes it vulnerable to frequent strafing runs, as it will be rare that the M4 Maxim will be able to destroy an aircraft before he or she can bring the craft around for a quick burst of their cannons (which can destroy the truck itself easily), or use a single bomb to take down the truck. HE shells can also easily splash out the gunner, as he is extremely exposed while firing (although the driver is less exposed, thanks to the truck's roof which will spare you from some blast damage). One useful tactic is to attempt to bait the enemy pilot into a dive, then using the Maxim's great accuracy to snipe the pilot out rather than attempting to destroy the craft. While this may not net you the EXP and cash reward of destroying the plane itself, it will keep you alive and help you defend the airspace for your team.
- The truck is horribly slow to start, which can be a deadly flaw when attempting to relocate during hit-n-run strategies. Consider using Driver badge to decrease vehicle startup time, allowing solo players to more effectively avoid incoming gunfire.
- The 7.62mm cartridge used by the Maxim has a very high bullet velocity, but significant target leading is still required for distant paraplanes. Use the outermost ring of the anti-aircraft sights and "walk" the gun into position by watching your tracers until you begin to recieve "armor penetrated" messages.
- Paratroopers still in the falling animation require lots of lead, as they are travelling VERY fast.
- Using the Infantry First badge significantly increases damage against planes and other light vehicles.
- Despite labeled as a FACT round, the AA gun's armor penetration is slightly higher than regular rifle rounds. It can penetrate jeeps and motorcycles, but struggles to penetrate any kind of APCs.
- This vehicle is highly accurate and capable of killing infantry with two shots from any range. If you can find a good incline and angle your gun downwards, it is a potent vehicle to snipe your enemy with.
- This weapon used to have unbearable muzzle smoke when fired in fully automatic mode due to the high rate of fire and lack of a zoom reticle. This was improved in the 1.09 update where the intensity of the smoke is reduced for all weapons.
- Consider using the PTRD and a wrench as your loadout, and carrying an ammunition crate on the AA truck. The bright stream of tracers attract enemy pilots close for what they believe to be a free kill, but can be swiftly punished with a PTRD shot that can result in a vehicle kill if they were previously damaged.
- You can use this vehicle as a trap by using AP mines on top of the vehicle, along the position where the Maxim gunner will walk while on the turret. Place an anti-personnel mine near the gun where the enemy will walk, and then drive the truck into enemy territory and die. When the enemy unlocks the truck and switches to the gun, they will be treated with a nasty surprise!
- While unconfirmed as to whether the badge affects non-aircraft vehicles, Bombs Away may possibly decrease the re-arm time once the gun is out of ammunition. Unlike stationary AAs, rearm progress is reset once you exit the vehicle, but you can drive and hide the vehicle until the rearm is done.