IS-2 Model 1944
|IS-2 Model 1944|
|Main Cannon:||122mm Gun D-25T|
|Coaxial Gun:||7.62mm DT|
|Machine Gun:||7.62mm DT|
|Front (Upper):||120 mm|
|Front (Lower):||120 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||90 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||90 mm|
|Front (Turret):||90 mm|
|Side (Turret):||90 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||90 mm|
|Top (Turret):||30 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Max Speed:||20.7 km/h
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 12th Grade|
|“||The Soviet ‘Josef Stalin’ heavy tank is a direct response to the German heavy tanks. Its thick 120mm armor and massive 122mm main gun make it a deadly opponent to any tank on the battlefield.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The support gunner seat on the IS-2 is located at the rear of its turret. Make use of it!
- The HEAT ammunition, BR-460A, has inferior ballistics performance. This means you will need to make use of the ranging key (Space by default) quite often and allocate an adequate amount of lead.
- Get the HEAT ammunition asap (although it's still illustrated APCR in-game): It offers superior penetration and an extra chunk of damage (that you need to reliably 2HK other heavy tanks) at the cost of worse shell trajectory. It can also penetrate the Panther frontally with almost no effort.
- The 122mm gun has limited penetrating capabilities when facing off the Tiger II and possibly the M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo. The best way to destroy them frontally is to hit their top armor and cupola. On the Tiger II, a direct hit on the gun mantlet will also grant you a penetration albeit it's difficult to hit; a shot placed on Jumbo's lower hull will also grant you a penetration.
- The AP rounds have rather disappointing penetrating capabilities. They are way more likely to bounce and the damage dealt is sometimes insufficient to do 2HK on heavy tanks.
- On topic of the HEAT ammo, not only is it the most expensive ammo available for the IS-2, it also has the slowest muzzle velocity of all of the IS-2s ammo. Poor gunnery and overmatched targets may leave you broke by the end of a single battle. Only shoot targets with HEAT if you're sure you can penetrate the target or if they're standing still.
- Unlike other factions' tier 2 heavy tanks, the IS-2 lacked the second zoom on its scope, which will hinder their ability to deliver firepower from longer ranges.
- The best way to use the IS-2 is to get up close to well-armored targets (mainly the Tiger II) while staying further away from tanks you can penetrate easily; After having scored a good amount of effective hits over the Tiger II frontally, you can try to lengthen your engagement distance.
- When shooting from far away, make sure the location makes your tank as parallel to the horizon as possible. The shell has a huge amount of drop over distance, and misplacement of your tank will lead to your scope adjusting the drop compensation towards the wrong direction thus making you miss.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[122mm] 122mm BR-471 Armor Piercing||90mm - 140mm||800 - 1200||800 m/s||10,000||120|
|[122mm] 122mm OF-471H High Explosive||20mm - 40mm||300 - 500||800 m/s||19,000||220|
|[122mm] 122mm BR-460A HEAT||110mm - 160mm||950 - 1200||550 m/s||21,000||245|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,200||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||3,400||42|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||6,800||82|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor