Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Lockheed P-38 Lightning
|Lockheed P-38 Lightning|
|Main Cannon:||20mm Hispano M1|
|Machine Gun:||12.7mm MG 53-2 (4x)|
|Bomb(s):||250kg AN-M64 (2x)|
|Class Restriction||Fighter Pilot|
|“||Nicknamed the ‘fork-tailed devil’ by the Germans this versatile and sturdy American fighter is a legend. The nose arrangement of the guns makes it deadlier at greater ranges when flown by skilled pilots.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- Banking, with your wings vertical to the ground, is suicidal when an enemy plane is on your tail.
- The P38 is very accurate, try to engage enemy fighters from afar!
- Concentrate on eliminating or discouraging enemy airpower. This will leave the skies open for you to ravage the enemy ground forces.
- If you're damaged and have an enemy on your tail, try dropping a bomb and turn off engines to make it look as though you've bailed out.
- Refrain from destroying anti-aircraft placements. They re-spawn with full health and worse yet, full munitions.
- Encourage your team to spot enemy tanks for you, often they will respond positively and you can encourage more of this behavior with a bomb in the back side of some enemy tanks!
- Aim for and watch for pilot hits/kills, this can quickly take down an enemy plane whilst wasting very little ammunition. Although, you will receive less points for not destroying the enemy aircraft.
- The hull & turret armor is still pertinent to bomb damage, line up your shot; you might just take out a panzer with one hit.
- Approaching enemy anti-aircraft weapons quietly (engines off/slowed), from up high, far away, and directly from the sun (they have to look into the sun to see you), gives you a distinct advantage. A few blips from your machineguns, and you're good to go.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[20x110mm] 20mm Hispano Ball Mk.I||20mm - 40mm||30 - 40||868 m/s||2,600||31|
|[20x110mm] 20mm AP Tracer M75||40mm - 60mm||40 - 55||855 m/s||6,500||78|
|[20x110mm] 20mm HE Incendiary Mk.I||2mm - 10mm||20 - 30||850 m/s||11,000||130|
|Factory||Dark Earth & Green|
|Vehicle Required:||P-38 Lightning|
|P-38 Lightning Specialist|
|Using the P-38 Lightning fighter aircraft in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
Points are scored for damaging or killing enemy aircraft as well as ground units.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor