M10 Tank Destroyer
Numerically the most important U.S tank destroyer of WW2 combines high speed and mobility with a hefty 76.2mm cannon to form a well rounded tank destroying package.
|M10 Tank Destroyer|
|Main Cannon:||3 Inch Gun M7|
|Front (Upper):||38 mm|
|Front (Lower):||25.4 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||19 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||25.4 mm|
|Front (Turret):||25.4 mm|
|Side (Turret):||25.4 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||25.4 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 6th Grade|
|“||The U.S. tank destroyer doctrine dictates mobility and firepower at the cost of armor protection. The M10 is armed with a hefty 76.2mm cannon and will pose a real threat to enemy tanks. It is known as the ‘Wolverine’ to the British, and simply as ‘TD’ to U.S. soldiers.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- As with the M18 Hellcat, the M10 sacrifices armor for speed and mobility. Use this to your advantage when flanking the enemy, firing at their side and rear.
- The velocity of the APCBC M62 round is 34% slower than the AP M79 Shot, and will thus arc more. Ensure to re-zero your sights when switching between the two.
- The M10 does not carry a huge amount of ammunition, it may be advised to carry both APCBC and AP as backup instead of HE, when hunting tanks.
- The M10 costs almost half as much to spawn that the M18. Consider spawning a M10 when facing weaker adversaries such as light tanks.
- Due to the thin armor the M10 should not be played like a normal tank, but rather as a tank destroyer. I.e. avoid infantry hotspots such as capture zones, avoid open fields. Flank the enemy, relocate after a tank kill. Act from the shadows. An unaware enemy tank is an easy kill.
- When engaging a strong enemy tank such as the Panther, it is advised to pause firing once the enemy starts turning their front towards you. Wait until they turn away before resuming fire.
- The wrench is your best friend. make sure to repair your M10 whenever possible, for it is quite fragile.
- Standing on top of your tank can make a good vantage point to see above bushes/ ridges using your binoculars.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[76.2x586mm R] 76mm AP M79 Shot||70mm - 120mm||650 - 950||792 m/s||3,300||39|
|[76.2x586mm R] 76mm APCBC M62||80mm - 130mm||750 - 950||588 m/s||5,700||68|
|[76.2x586mm R] 76mm M26 HE/APC||10mm - 30mm||250 - 400||823 m/s||9,200||110|
|Factory||Ardennes Four Color||Olive Drab & Black|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||M10 Tank Destroyer|
|M10 Tank Destroyer Specialist|
|Using the M10 Tank Destroyer in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. Highest rewards are given for destroying enemy tanks.
- As of 2020-6-27, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor