|Rate of Fire||260 rpm|
|Near Range||20 m|
|Far Range||65 m|
|Reload Time||2.8 s|
|Ribbon Required||Handgun Assault|
|Requirement||- 5th Grade|
The 1911 Pistol is a well proven, effective and hard hitting handgun. With 8 shots in the magazine, fixed sights and a solid construction, it is just the tool to help you get out of a tricky situation.
The Colt M1911A1 is a semi-automatic recoil-operated pistol chambered in .45 ACP. The pistol went into full production in March of 1911, following its adoption by the US Army.
The lacking reliability and stopping power of the .38 caliber Colt 1892 Revolver during the Philippine-American War encouraged the United States to seek alternatives, as the .38 Long Colt did not offer the desired stopping power. The War Department initially ordered several German Luger and Mauser C96 pistols, but were ultimately unimpressed with the results. The US Army, still seeking maximum stopping power, reverted to the M1873 .45 Colt single-action revolver, and subsequently commissioned Colt to design a new service pistol.
Colt produced a prototype that fired through six thousand rounds in two days with no malfunctions. Owing to its incredible reliability and simple design, it was immediately adopted by the US Army. Very slight ergonomic changes were made to the design in 1924, and the sidearm was reissued as the M1911A1. It remained standard issue from its inception in 1911 until the end of the Vietnam War, and due to its exceptional performance, variations of the M1911 are still in use by US Special Forces units and various world government, military, and police units to this day.
The M1911A1 has low damage, average amount of ammo, and low bullet velocity. Its largest advantage is its weight; it uses only 2 equipment points, so it's an excellent complement for snipers, light machine gunners, and anti-tank paratroopers. It has a very high hipfire accuracy. For Tank Crewmen, who are limited to six equipment points, the M1911A1 is a good complement to the Adjustable Wrench.
Due to the M1911's low damage, it is advisable to aim for the head. It is possible to mod the M1911 to deal enough damage to kill in three torso shots.
- Fast: Perfect in a pinch, the 1911 allows you to get needed covering fire when the enemy comes a little too close.
- Close Combat: Although it cannot stand up to an MP40, a few well-placed shots aimed at an enemy’s head might just keep you in the game.
- Damage: The low DPS of the pistol, especially against players using Heavy Set, makes its use questionable. There are situations where a knife can serve you better.
- Accuracy: Unless you can master the art of moving & shooting, it is advisable to stand still while aiming down the sights of your 1911.
Specialist Ribbon[edit source]
Modifications[edit | edit source]
|Internal||Heavy Pistol Bolt|
|This build mods the 1911 Pistol to have a decent RoF and to be able to kill with three hits. This is perfect when you are in a pinch.|
- Please Note: A barrel upgrade can be used as well, but will increase the cost.
- Decent Damage (Three Hit Kill)
- Good Rate of Fire
- Very Accurate
- Short Range
Gallery[edit | edit source]