|Main Cannon:||75mm M6 L/39|
|Front (Upper):||25 mm|
|Front (Lower):||25 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||25 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||25 mm|
|Front (Turret):||38 mm|
|Side (Turret):||25 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||25 mm|
|Top (Turret):||25 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Max Speed:||40.8 km/h
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 5th Grade|
|“||The Chaffee is a late-war American light tank. It is fast and with its lightweight 75mm main gun it packs a serious punch compared to other light tanks. The Chaffee is often used in harassing tactics against heavier tanks.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The Chaffee has far less reserve ammunition than the previous American light tank, the M5A1. Maintain firing discipline, as the tank only carries 48 rounds.
- With its 75mm gun and high mobility, the Chaffee can easily flank and attack larger enemy tanks where their armor is lighter before retreating to safety.
- The Chaffee has the largest cannon (75 mm) among all light tanks, which allows it to pack quite a punch
- The 75mm HE round has a larger explosive radius than the 37mm HE of the M5A1. Use it to your advantage when engaging infantry.
- Unlike the M5A1 Stuart, the time to reload the next shell in the Chaffee is much longer due to its larger main gun.
- The armor on the Chaffee is still very light, so avoid direct frontal attacks on enemy armor and beware of anti-tank infantry.
- The 75mm round is quite heavy, and so it will arc noticeably higher. Zero its sights to the proper range by pressing your jump key.
- The Repair cost of the Chaffee is 716 credits per spawn, which is significantly higher than other light tanks, be careful not to rush headlong into battle and waste a tank.
- The Chaffee has a relatively long deploy cost
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm AP M72 Shot||50mm - 90mm||400 - 700||619 m/s||3,000||35|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm APCBC M61||65mm - 100mm||550 - 800||588 m/s||4,400||52|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm M61 HE/APC||8mm - 25mm||250 - 400||550 m/s||7,000||83|
|Factory||Ardennes Four Color||Olive Drab & Black|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||M24 Chaffee|
|M24 Chaffee Specialist|
|Using the M24 Chaffee light tank in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. The highest award is given for destroying enemy tanks.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2020-6-27, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor