|Main Cannon:||75mm M6 L/39|
|Front (Upper):||25 mm|
|Front (Lower):||25 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||25 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||25 mm|
|Front (Turret):||38 mm|
|Side (Turret):||25 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||25 mm|
|Top (Turret):||25 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Max Speed:||40.8 km/h
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 5th Grade|
|“||The Chaffee is a late-war American light tank. It is fast and with its lightweight 75mm main gun it packs a serious punch compared to other light tanks. The Chaffee is often used in harassing tactics against heavier tanks.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The Chaffee has far less reserve ammunition than the previous American light tank, the M5A1. Maintain firing discipline, as the tank only carries 48 rounds.
- With its 75mm gun and high mobility, the Chaffee can easily flank and attack larger enemy tanks where their armor is lighter before retreating to safety.
- The Chaffee is the only Light Tank with the ability to kill other light tanks in two hits, though this rarely happens. Along with this, the Chaffee is the only Light Tank that destroys jeeps in 1 hit (AP or APCR).
- The 75mm HE round has a larger explosive radius than the 37mm HE of the M5A1. Use it to your advantage when engaging infantry.
- Unlike the M5A1 Stuart, the time to reload the next shell in the Chaffee is much longer due to its larger main gun.
- The armor on the Chaffee is still very light, so avoid direct frontal attacks on enemy armor and beware of anti-tank infantry.
- The 75mm round is quite heavy, and so it will arc noticeably higher. Zero its sights to the proper range by pressing your jump key.
- The Repair cost of the Chaffee is around 654 credits per spawn, which is significantly higher than other light tanks, be careful not to rush headlong into battle and waste a tank.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm AP M72 Shot||50mm - 90mm||400 - 700||619 m/s||3,000||35|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm APCBC M61||65mm - 100mm||550 - 800||588 m/s||4,400||52|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm M61 HE/APC||8mm - 25mm||250 - 400||550 m/s||7,000||83|
|Factory||Ardennes Four Color||Olive Drab & Black|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||M24 Chaffee|
|M24 Chaffee Specialist|
|Using the M24 Chaffee light tank in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. The highest award is given for destroying enemy tanks.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor