|Explosion Radius:||5 m|
|Requirement:||- 9th Grade|
Description[edit | edit source]
The M2A3 mine is an American anti-personnel mine. When triggered the mine launches into the air and detonates. The explosion projects a lethal spray of steel balls and fragments in all directions.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Due to its rather high replenish cost, it is advisable to only use four mines at most in less important matches, or you may not recoup the credit loss for that round. The M2A3 works best when placed in chokepoints, and are most effective if placed in or around a control point. These mines will kill anyone who steps on them (including Gold Heavy Set users). Be mindful that allies can trigger these mines as well, so ensure that your team is either aware of their placement, or that you only place them in areas of potential enemy foot traffic. For best effect, place your M2A3s behind cover and around corners so enemies cannot spot them beforehand. They can be placed beside doorways, in hallways, or at the top of staircases. These mines cannot be equipped on tankers, pilots and paratroopers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can shoot a mine to destroy it regardless of your team even if it is a friendly mine. It is NOT advised to shoot friendly mines.
- Friendly mines have a bomb symbol on top of it. Whereas enemy mines do not. It is important that you look for these features to ensure the safety of yourself and your fellow comrades.
- If you keep getting killed by these mines, try looking at the ground before you enter an important area (e.g: Capture points and paths to Capture points)
- German and Soviet Recons are able to acquire this mine as a "captured weapon". However, it will cost them 32,000 Credits or 378 Gold instead of 28,000 Credits and 330 Gold for the US side.
- These mines are very expensive to place down and have a very high replenish cost. It is advised that you only use a few in less important matches.
- These mines can also damage and destroy light vehicles such as the Kublewagon, Jeep and Civilian Truck. However, it is recommended that you use Anti-tank mines to destroy vehicles. So far, it is possible to damage light tanks such as the Stuart using the M2A3 Mine.