From Heroes & Generals Wiki
|Main Cannon:||75mm M3 L/40|
|Front (Upper):||51 mm|
|Front (Lower):||51 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||38 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||38 mm|
|Front (Turret):||76 mm|
|Side (Turret):||51 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||51 mm|
|Top (Turret):||25 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Max Speed:|| 26.4 km/h
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 6th Grade|
|“||The Sherman forms the backbone of American armor and performs well as an all-round tank. It is fitted with a gyrostabilizer making the 75mm cannon reasonably accurate while the tank is driving.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The Sherman M4A1's optic sight is less powerful than the rest of the American tanks. Sniping tanks from long distances may be a challenge, but it is useful for tracking & picking off soft targets close to you.
- Your main gun is very powerful but sometimes may have difficulty penetrating enemy tanks. Be sure to aim for weakspots whenever possible, APCBC rounds are good to have on hand.
- If you see a T34-85 or a Panther, Try to avoid them and flank.
- Your armor is enough to bounce some shots, be sure to angle your tank.
- The M4A1, unlike the M4A3E8, lacks a good engine. you are slow, especially when going up-hill.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm AP M72 Shot||50mm - 90mm||400 - 700||619 m/s||3,000||35|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm APCBC M61||65mm - 100mm||550 - 800||588 m/s||4,400||52|
|[75mm L/40] 75mm M61 HE/APC||8mm - 25mm||250 - 400||550 m/s||7,000||83|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,200||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||3,400||42|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||6,800||82|
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor