M4A3E2 Sherman 'Jumbo'
|M4A3E2 Sherman 'Jumbo'|
|Main Cannon:||76mm Gun M1|
|Front (Upper):||138.92 mm|
|Front (Lower):||191.43 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||76.2 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||76.2 mm|
|Front (Turret):||152.4 mm|
|Side (Turret):||152.4 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||152.4 mm|
|Top (Turret):||25.4 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 9th Grade|
|“||In order to counter the formidable German tanks until the M26 Pershing becomes available, this Sherman has been heavily modified. The Jumbo’s 178mm frontal glacis is able to resist a direct hit from the Tiger, but the added weight comes at the cost of maneuverability.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- Keep the front of your tank facing forwards at all times, since most tanks can not penetrate your frontal armor (altough cupola is a weak spot)
- The main armament of the M4A3E2 is inferior to other heavy tanks, only armed with a 76mm gun, so be sure to aim for any potential weak points when engaging other heavy tanks, or stay further away from the action and camp it out.
- The game info is misleading. You actually have 2 separate plates totalling to 101 mm raw thickness, and 130 - 140 mm effective LOS thickness. While this is nearly impenetrable (the only part that can be penetrated is the hull MG port), with the gun mantlet being practically invincible to all damage (not even the IS-2s top ammo can penetrate it), the commander's cupola is still a weak spot, so watch out.
- The M4A3E2 has a very similar model compared to the M4A3E8 Sherman, so most defensive measures used by the M4A3E8 can be used by this tank, however many of the offensive tactics used by the M4A3E8 cannot be used due to the Jumbo's lack of speed.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm AP M79 Shot||70mm - 120mm||650 - 950||792 m/s||3,300||39|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm APCBC M62||80mm - 130mm||750 - 950||588 m/s||5,700||68|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm M26 HE/APC||10mm - 30mm||250 - 400||823 m/s||9,200||110|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,200||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||3,400||42|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||6,800||82|
No Specialist Ribbon For This Vehicle
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor