|Main Cannon:||76mm M1A2 L/55|
|Front (Upper):||64 mm|
|Front (Lower):||108 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||38 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||38 mm|
|Front (Turret):||64 mm|
|Side (Turret):||64 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||64 mm|
|Top (Turret):||25 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Max Speed:||29.9 km/h
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 9th Grade|
|“||The A3E8, nicknamed ‘Easy Eight’ by the crew, is an up-gunned and up-armored experimental version of the successful Sherman tank. The long barrel 76mm cannon is very effective even against heavy tanks.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The Easy 8 Sherman is powerful enough to destroy the Panzer III and the Panzer IV Ausf. H, but this does not mean you are invincible; the Panzer III can still kill you in 4 hits to the side and rear if you are not careful enough. The Panzer IV can kill you in 3 shots, so be sure to hit them first, as your side armor will not bounce shots unless they hit at 45 degrees. The M4A3E8 can kill Panzer IV Ausf. H and lower easily as the Panzer's armor will not bounce shots so exploit this to your advantage. Beware of the Panther as well, it can eliminate you with ease.
- This version has an outside turret mounted M1919 Machine gun (M1919A4), as well as an Inside mounted MG. Use the turret if Enemies swarm the Sherman, as all tanks are vulnerable to AT Infantry!
- The Panzerschreck RPzB 54 can effectively kill the Easy 8 in 2 shots (if the player has iron fist silver) to the side and rear-watch out for them!
- This Variant has access to APCR rounds as well as AP shots-Use AP if you can't cope with the cost as the Easy 8 Shermans Repair and resupply may actually leave you broke.
- The Soviet T-34/85 can take you out in 2 hits so surprise attacks are advised (Aim for his lower mantlet as the front of the turret is 90 mm armor)
- When facing panthers head on, aim for the lower glacis as you can easily penetrate it there.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm AP M79 Shot||70mm - 120mm||650 - 950||792 m/s||3,300||39|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm APCBC M62||80mm - 130mm||750 - 950||588 m/s||5,700||68|
|[76mm L/55] 76mm M26 HE/APC||10mm - 30mm||250 - 400||823 m/s||9,200||110|
|Factory||Ardennes Four Color||Olive Drab & Black|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||M4A3E8 Sherman|
|M4A3E8 Sherman Specialist|
|Using the Sherman 'Easy Eight' medium tank in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. The highest award is given for destroying enemy tanks.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor