|Rate of Fire||600 rpm|
|Near Range||51.2 m|
|Far Range||500 m|
|Reload Time||5.9 s|
|Faction Cost||200,000 2,400|
|Captured Cost||1,150,000 4,800|
|Ribbon Required||LMG Assault|
|Requirement||- 5th Grade|
The MG34 was at its introduction the most advanced machine gun in the world. It is the standard light machine gun of the German army. Its high rate of fire makes it a dangerous opponent. The MG34 is best fired from a prone position.
The Maschinengewehr 34 (or MG34) is a recoil-operated air-cooled medium machine gun, designed and manufactured by Mauser. Its design was derived from the MG30, retaining its chamber in 7.92x57mm Mauser. The weapon underwent many optimizations, aimed at making it more compact and portable by a single operator. It remained in service as both an offensive and defensive weapon until 1942, when it began to be phased out and replaced by the more modern and rapid firing MG42.
The MG34's offensive variant sports a magazine feed for 50 or 75 round box magazines, whereas the defensive variant is configured to feed ammunition belts. Operation of the weapon required careful heat management. The sheer rate of fire was capable of melting the barrel and causing a dangerous misfire. The weapon was therefore designed to facilitate swift changing of barrels every 250 rounds, and defensive operators typically worked in teams and carried several barrels. Downtime between barrels could be very short; an experienced operator could change barrels in approximately ten seconds.
Very strong defensive weapon, the MG34 combines high rate of fire and a large magazine with good damage and can deal with big groups of enemies in a very short time. It isn't well-suited for close quarters because of its big length and movement restriction (can't hipfire while running) and also isn't accurate, but that will change when bipods and tripods are implemented (if they are ever implemented). Burst fire is strongly advised at longer ranges. It deals the same damage as the MG42 but has a lower rate of fire and accuracy, while the lower ROF means long bursts are much more steady than with the MG42. Modding options for the MG34 are severely limited, like the M1918 BAR.
- You can walk or crouch to hipfire while moving. Very useful when approaching corners or inside buildings.
- Your accuracy increases substantially if you crouch or go prone.
- Always fire from cover, and be mindful of enemy positions. Your gunfire and tracers make you a prime target for snipers.
- Coordinate with teammates! This machine gun shines on the battlefield when supported by friendly units.
- This weapon functions better in defensive roles or as fire support for offensive units.
- Use suppression, or covering fire. Spraying at enemies in defensive positions will force them into hiding, allowing your allies to move up.
- It is advisable to carry anti-personnel mines or grenades to help defend your position.
Specialist Ribbon[edit source]
Modifications[edit | edit source]
|Storm of Bullets|
|Trigger||Field Trigger Job|
|This build focuses on RoF, rather than damage.|
- Ammunition can be added to increase damage, but it makes it much more expensive to repair.
- High Rate of Fire
- Very Expensive
|Barrel||Stainless Steel Barrel|
|Sight||Field Adjusted Sights|
|This build mods the Maschinengewehr 34 for precision and range, turning it into a deadly mid-range weapon.|
- Adding an Internal can boost damage.
- Decent Damage
Gallery[edit | edit source]