Messerschmitt Me 410 B-2
|Messerschmitt Me 410 B-2|
|Main Cannon:||20mm MG151 (2x)|
|Machine Gun:||13mm MG131 (2x)|
|Class Restriction||Fighter Pilot|
|“||The Me 410 is a German heavy fighter. It features two 20mm cannons and two 13mm heavy machine guns in the nose for attack and two rear facing 13mm heavy machine guns fitted in remote controlled blister mounts on each side for defence against trailing enemies.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- Although the Me 410 is often considered the laughing stock of the heavy fighters with its low turn rate and blister guns that do as much damage as the Swedish did in WWII, there are some advantages. The Me 410 works best as an ambushing plane. Sneaking up on P-38 Lightnings shouldn't be hard for a pilot who's played enough to get a heavy fighter and your MG's and cannons deal so much damage that it's hard for the P-38 to stay in the game long. This is great, because the second you stop shooting and go back for another run, it'll be on your tail and you'll have to rely on friends to take out your adversary.
- Me 410 B-2 cannon are nose-mounted with very fast RoF, use this advantage to ambush enemy tanks while they not to notice you. Always spot and strike above the tank where the potential of this cannon is very effective even for Heavy Tanks such as IS and Pershing.
- NEVER, EVER, EVER use Minengeschoss to kill infantry soldier, as the ammo itself were less effective and costly. Me 410 designed to kill Tanks and intercept paratroopers transport plane, not to wipe out enemy soldier with HE cannons. Use your offensive machineguns to kill enemy infantry and AA emplacement.
- Me 410 is less maneuverable over its competitor, P-38 Lightning. If the enemy lightning caught tailing your six, worry not; use your defensive machineguns to knock down the tailing P-38 and always aim at its canopy.
- AVOID HEAD-ON ENGAGEMENT. Me 410 cockpit doesn't have any protection for pilot, which it mean every direct head-on at fighter, every tank that spotted you, and even AA emplacement will risk your life. However, if the situation is critical, aim at its canopy when doing head-on. If not successfully destroy your enemy fighter, don't turn/chase them off. Use your speed to get away from their sight.
- While diving is viable option but less effective against Pe-3 because of rear gunner, diving on P-38 Lightning giving you more superiority as P-38 don't have any rear gunner. Use this strategy to strike P-38 from above when he was unaware of your presence.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[20x80RB] 20mm Panzergranate||20mm - 40mm||30 - 40||740 m/s||1,800||21|
|[20x80RB] 20mm Panzerbrandgranate||40mm - 60mm||40 - 55||785 m/s||5,400||64|
|[20x80RB] 20mm Minengeschoß||2mm - 10mm||20 - 30||700 m/s||10,000||120|
|Vehicle Required:||Messerschmitt Me 410 B-2|
|Messerschmitt Me 410 B-2 Specialist|
|Using the Messerschmitt Me 410 B-2 figter aircraft in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
Points are scored for damaging or killing enemy aircraft as well as ground units.
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor