Morale is a Campaign/War game mechanic introduced in Vasilevsky build that simulates battle fatigue for Assault Teams.
Generals and Officers have to take morale of their troops into consideration when they manage the war resources and execute their strategies. Assault Teams will start to deplete and lose morale points every time they enter a battle. Although they do gain some back by winning battles, they will not gain more than they lost. This means that like in real war, Assault Teams can not keep attacking endlessly but have to stop and rest every once in a while even if they win every battle.
Based on feedback from community, changes have been made to help make it more profitable and faster for generals to play battles. By reducing long queue times it results in longer wars, and allows individuals to return their near depleted units to the faction stockpile, should they choose to do so. When stockpiles are sufficient, players may opt to pay redeployment cost for fresh units and still be able to continue to fight for friends on the war map.
The Vasilevsky update also brings new combat badges and ribbons especially for generals and officers which when equipped can give a boost to: movement speed, maximum morale, or morale replenishment speed of their Assault Teams.
From this point forwards, Assault Teams will be referred to as AT. Here are some key mechanics and changes as a result of the Vasilevsky update.
- War battles with insufficient player population are now open to the match-maker for 60 minutes (previously 30 minutes) giving you more time to play the war battles.
- If an AT is unequipped, the resources allocated to it are returned to the stockpile.
- Defending ATs with low morale are routed (destroyed).
WITHDRAWING (WHEN AN Assault Teams IS UNEQUIPPED FROM THE COMMANDER, NOT WHEN RETREATING FROM BATTLE) This occurs when: upgrading, or changing-out command badges (the Assault Teams must be unequipped in order to do so), and when withdrawing to changing classes of Assault Team to a higher or lower tier.
- Results in the loss of all AT deployed on the field.
- Resources remaining will return to the faction stockpile.
- A warning message will to indicate and prompt confirmation.
- Withdrawal cool-down has been removed (previously 8 hours for all non Paratrooper AT/24 hours for Paratrooper AT)
- If an Infantry, Recon, or Paratrooper Assault Team loses all soldiers, it is removed from the war map.
- Any equipment remaining will be sent to the victorious faction's stockpile.
- If a Fighter or Tank Assault Team has no remaining Vehicles OR soldiers, it is removed from the war map.
Similarly, if a unit’s morale is depleted, all deployed resources will be lost.
WAR BATTLES WITH INSUFFICIENT PLAYERS FOR THE BATTLE TO BE FUN
- Fun battles will remain active for 60 minutes before auto resolve is initiated
- No units are lost in an autoresolved (fun) battle.
- 10 Morale lost for winner, 20 for loser.
- Auto resolver does not generate warfunds nor experience for Assault Teams, it is always faster and more profitable to play the battles.
As previously mentioned, there are two badges that Generals and Officers can equip that offer boosts to Morale in different ways.
The following below may consist of out-dated information.
Assault Teams begin with 100/100 Morale.^
20 Morale points are spent when entering battle for both attackers and defenders, 10 Morale points are earned by winning.
Morale is gained over time, at 1 Morale (out of 100)^ per 6 minutes ~40 (/39.9) seconds (or 0.150... morale/minute) when the Assault Team is not involved in combat.^^
If Morale is below Hors de combat (25 points out of 100) and your Assault Team is attacked by an enemy, your troops are undeployed from the map, retaining their resources, and lose any remaining morale you had. If you attack with an Assault Team that is below 25 morale your Assault Team surrenders, you lose all resources, which are added to the enemies factions stockpile, and must be ‘rebuilt’ to re-deploy. If you cause an enemy Assault Team to surrender, your side gains the resources lost by the enemy which are then added to your factions stockpile.
Be very aware of being encircled, encircled Assault Teams are no longer undeployed with remaining resources, if they cannot retreat they now lose all resources meaning a potentially MASSIVE loss of Warfunds to the player.
^Total Morale can be increased beyond 100+/100+ using Battlefield Commander badge.
^^Not taking into account the Charismatic Leader badge which increases Morale regain up to 15%.
Without any morale badges, it takes 11 Hours and 06 Minutes (/ 666-minutes) to rebuild to 100%-morale;
9 Hours and ~26,5 Minutes if you have Charismatic Leader gold (roughly, this reduces a morale-point restoration by one-minute per point, I.E to 5-minutes and 40-seconds or 340-seconds);
and 12 Hours and 46 Minutes if you run Battlefield Commander gold, which requires your morale to reach 115 before you can deploy.