Panzer V Ausf. G
|Panzer V Ausf. G|
|Main Cannon:||75 KwK 42 L/70|
|Coaxial Gun:||7.92mm MG 34|
|Machine Gun:||7.92mm MG 34|
|Front (Upper):||80 mm|
|Front (Lower):||60 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||50 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||40 mm|
|Front (Turret):||110 mm|
|Side (Turret):||45 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||45 mm|
|Top (Turret):||16 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 10th Grade|
|“||The Panther was created as a direct response to the threat from the Soviet T-34. It is protected with 80mm sloped frontal armor and armed with the long powerful 75mm KwK 42 L/70 cannon.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The Panther has strong frontal armor and good sloping, always fight with front towards your enemy (Tank Logic 101)
- The weak part of the Panther's frontal armor is the lower glacis. Use terrain or obstacles to shield your lower glacis.
- After the armor update, the Panther's front armor is not as strong as it used to be. 2-4 good hits will allow almost any Medium tank to penetrate reliably.
- This tank has a very long respawn timer, 3:12s with APCR and HE shells.
- Acceleration and top speed is the best of any Medium Tank, and it can climb like no other.
- Your tank profile is large, making hiding in small places difficult, but high mounted turret allows for good 'hull-down' opportunities as it can fire over large rocks, walls and similar obstacles.
- The best use of the Panther tank is at long ranges, due to the excellent shell velocity of the main gun and the ability to keep your weak side armor hidden from the tanks in front of you.
- Angle your armor slightly by using a small hill or mound so that it covers the Front (Lower) and you can still shoot straight ahead. You will be impervious to any frontal attacks, so long as they are not shooting from a higher position.
- As with all German tanks, it is highly recommended that you buy a camo for it, to help with ambushes.
- With a fairly well protected 3rd person position for the Secondary Gunner it makes it ideal to have a player onboard who can scan the surrounding area without exposing yourself in the turret.
- This tank can easily make you broke, it has a high repair cost!
- Due to the high velocity of the shells, you can quite easily shoot down enemy planes.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[75x640mm R] 75mm Panzergranate 39/42||70mm - 110mm||600 - 900||935 m/s||2,500||29|
|[75x640mm R] 75mm Panzergranate 40/42||80mm - 130mm||700 - 900||1130 m/s||5,100||61|
|[75x640mm R] 75mm Sprenggranate 42||15mm - 35mm||150 - 500||1130 m/s||6,900||82|
|Factory||Ambush DB||Light Olive|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||Panzer V Ausf. G|
|Panther Ausf. G Specialist|
|Using the Panzerkampfwagen Panther Ausf. G medium tank in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. The highest award is given for destroying enemy tanks.
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor