Panzerschreck RPzB 54
|Panzerschreck RPzB 54|
|Effective Armor Penetration:||70mm|
|Max Armor Penetration:||110mm|
|1 Ammo Pouch:||3|
|2 Ammo Pouches:||7|
|Requirement:||- 11th Grade|
|Requirement:||- 11th Grade|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Panzerschreck is an Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher. It is fired from the shoulder and is a effective weapon against enemy tanks.
History[edit | edit source]
The Raketenpanzerbüchse 54, or Panzerschrek RPzB as it is better known, is a reusable German anti-tank rocket launcher. It fires 88mm high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) rockets, and its design is mostly derivative of the American M1A1 Bazooka. The first iteration of the Panzerschrek, the RPzB 43, lacked the distinctive and recognizable blast shield of later models. Revisions were made, and in 1943, the RPzB 54/1 replaced the older Panzerschreks, boasting an impressive effective range of 180 meters. The RPzB series launchers retained many of the design flaws present in the Bazooka, including the heavy dark smoke trails that followed in the wake of each shot, which gave away the fire team's position and put them at significant risk of return fire.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Panzerschreck is a German anti-tank rocket launcher and it is an excellent tool for fighting armoured units as infantry from afar. Most tanks will be destroyed if at least two shots penetrate their armour. This launcher greatly out ranges other man-portable anti-tank weaponry, with good effect at 10-70 meters and moderate accuracy up to and including 100-150 meters. The sights can be zeroed to 50m, 100m and 150m. The rockets fly faster than and have less arching trajectory than the rockets from the Bazooka M1A1, making up for the blast shield.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Watch your aim, especially at longer ranges. If your target is closer than 50 meters, aim slightly lower than your intended target.
- Some tanks have armour thick enough to stop the projectile from penetrating. Aim for weak spots in the hull: tracks, sides, rear, turret, and especially from the top.
- Trying to hit the tracks first is a good idea, if either the right or left tracks are destroyed the vehicle is more or less immobilized and thus, quite vulnerable.
- The Infantry Fist CB and Iron Fist CB combat badges increase the damage it does to lightly armored vehicles and more armoured vehicles respectively.
- The Fast Reload CB combat badge may also prove useful, since it makes the risky task of destroying vehicles quicker.
- Strikes on sloped armour may cause the rocket to bounce off your target completely, doing no damage.
- Penetration value decreases over range, so get as close as safety allows before firing on heavy tanks.
- Each rocket will cost the player 180 credits.
Camouflage[edit | edit source]
|Factory||Olivegreen||Dunkelgrau||Carbon Black||Normandy||Autumn Oakleaf|
Gallery[edit | edit source]