T-70 Model 1942
|T-70 Model 1942|
|Main Cannon:||45mm 20K L/46|
|Coaxial Gun:||7.62mm DT|
|Front (Upper):||35 mm|
|Front (Lower):||35 mm|
|Sides (Upper):||15 mm|
|Sides (Lower):||15 mm|
|Front (Turret):||35 mm|
|Side (Turret):||35 mm|
|Rear (Turret):||35 mm|
|Top (Turret):||10 mm|
|Class Restriction||Tank Crewman|
|Ribbon Required:||Armor Assault|
|Requirement:||- 5th Grade|
|“||The Soviet T-70 is a very well armoured light tank. It is protected in some parts by 60mm thick sloped armor making it hard to destroy for enemy light tanks. It is armed with a 45mm cannon and a 7.62mm machine gun.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The T-70 has 40 mm thick sloped frontal armour (effectively 57mm) and 60mm of armour on the turret front, so always turn your tank directly facing enemy tanks before engaging. While your frontal armor may effectively be 57-60 mm, the rest of your tank armour is quite low with 25mm on the side of the turret and 10mm on the back. However, the M24 Chaffee, Panzer38t and M5A1 Stuart can penetrate your frontal armour easily with APCR rounds, so do your best to flank them.
- You are very fast, use this to get in a good position to attack enemy tanks or escape anti-tank infantry.
- Your tank is quite low profile compared to the T-26 or the M5A1 Stuart, use this to your advantage by hiding in bushes or keeping from silhouetting yourself on a mountain or open terrain.
- Like the T-34 models, your tank has almost no turret depression, this means that your tank cannon cannot aim down that much. So when shooting from a mountains, you will need to get at a downward angle before you can fire on the enemy.
- Good tactic against German Pz IIL (Luchs) in close quarters is to simply ram it as the T-70 can push it around due to the low weight on the Luchs, thereby preventing them from aiming.
- T-70 has good reverse speed compared to other tanks which can catch the enemy off-guard if used right.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[45x310mmR] BR-240 Armor Piercing||40mm - 70mm||300 - 500||741 m/s||1,500||17|
|[45x310mmR] UO-243 High Explosive||5mm - 20mm||150 - 200||792 m/s||5,200||62|
|[45x310mmR] BR-240P HVAP||55mm - 80mm||350 - 450||750 m/s||3,200||38|
|Factory||Lavrinenko Two Tone||Vasyugan Light||Kutuzov Two Tone|
Supply Crates can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90|
|Vehicle Required:||T-70 Model 1942|
|T-70 Model 1942 Specialist|
|Using the T-70 Model 1942 light tank in battle will earn you points on this ribbon.|
More points are awarded for scoring hits on enemy tanks. The highest award is given for destroying enemy tanks.
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor