|Rate of Fire||600 rpm|
|Near Range||18.8 m|
|Far Range||59.2 m|
|Reload Time||2.9 s|
|Faction Cost||158,000 1,900|
|Captured Cost||883,000 3,800|
|Ribbon Required||SMG Assault|
|Requirement||- 9th Grade|
The Thompson M1A1 (or Tommy gun as it is sometimes known) is a fully-automatic submachine gun used by the US Armed Forces. It fires a powerful .45 caliber round and is a very effective weapon at close to medium ranges.
The M1A1 Thompson is an American submachine gun invented in 1918 by General John T. Thompson's Auto-Ordnance Company, and is chambered for the powerful .45 ACP cartridge. The weapon was designed during World War I with the intention of clearing enemy trenches with rapid fire in a compact, maneuverable package. The war ended before its design was finalized, but Thompson completed the weapon nonetheless and marketed it throughout the United States to civilians and government agencies alike. The Thompson became infamous in the Prohibition Era, used by both police and criminal organizations.
Several variations were adopted by the U.S. military in 1938 as a special issue for use by support staff, paratroopers, non-commissioned officers, and officers. Its high rate of fire made it an invaluable addition to squads operating in urban environments, as it was a powerful force multiplier and provided excellent suppression power. Toward the end of the war, plans were set to phase out the M1A1 and replace it with the M3 Grease Gun. However, due to delays and quality concerns with existing M3s, these plans were never set in motion.
Over 1.5 million Thompsons were produced by the end of the war, and it found use among many Allied forces, including American, British, ANZAC (Australia, New Zealand), and Canadian units throughout Western Europe.
With its very high rate of fire, decent damage, and great mobility, the M1A1 outshines most close range offensive weapons. It can easily out-damage almost any weapon at close range, and it retains its killing power up to medium range. Its drawbacks include low accuracy and loss of velocity at range, requiring short controlled bursts to land shots beyond 100 meters. Used in conjunction with grenades, the M1A1 is an extremely potent room clearer.
- Rate Of Fire: The Thompson, even better than M1919, is the 2nd fastest firing American weapon currently in the Heroes & Generals arsenal, after the M1/M2 Carbine (720rpm).
- Close Combat: One of the most comforting feelings is knowing you have an M1A1 Thompson by your side when you are capturing a point. Being able to fire 30 rounds for ~900 damage is very useful when defending doorways.
- Tank Crewmen: Being able to jump out of your tank in a hurry with the Thompson by your side allows you to eliminate anyone trying to place a Hafthohlladung H3, or fire a Panzerfaust 60 or Panzerschreck RPzB 54 at your tank.
- Single Fire: Unlike the MP40, the Thompson can use single fire, helping you conserve ammo.
- Reload Speed Even though it has a decent 30 round magazine, the Thompson reloads faster than the other top tier SMGs, and it reloads just as fast as the MP34.
- Magazine Size: Make sure to manage your rounds and take cover when many enemies are in the area.
- Ammo It is recommended that you bring along more than the 1 ammo pouch. Unless you are not an Infantry, this can prevent you from being 'chained' to a resupply box.
- Ranged Combat: Although you can harass enemies at a distance, it might not be enough to keep their heads down while you get closer.
|Price (Credits)||Unobtainable||Unobtainable||Unobtainable (|
|Price (Gold)||Unobtainable||Unobtainable||Unobtainable (|
Specialist Ribbon[edit source]
Modifications[edit | edit source]
|This build reachs the Thompson's max RoF at 800rpm. This makes the Thompson exceptionally well at clearing rooms and capture points.|
- High Rate of Fire
- Devours Ammo and Needs To Be Reloaded Often
|Trigger||Field Trigger Job|
|This build gives the Thompson a RoF of 720rpm. This is enough to clear rooms decently well, while still being cheap.|
- Please Note: The Field Trigger Job can be replaced with the Marksman Trigger Job. However, the Marksman Trigger Job affects accuracy, which can not be corrected for, while the Field Trigger Job affects only recoil, which can be managed. Both modifications will increase the Thompson's RoF to 720rpm.
- Please Note: The Field Trigger Job can be replaced with the Lightened Bolt. However, the Lightened Bolt affect range and accuracy, which can not be corrected for, as well as recoil, while the Field Trigger Job affects only recoil, which can be managed. Both modifications will increase the Thompson's RoF to 720rpm.
- Decent Rate of Fire
- Low Recoil
- Rate of Fire may be less than that of enemy
|Ammunition||United Defence Ranger|
|Trigger||Field Trigger Job|
|Barrel||Stainless Steel Barrel|
|Sight||Field Adjusted Sight|
|This build make the Thompson into a real head hunter in the battlefield, while still being cheap enough to empty your pockets.|
- Please note: The Field Trigger Job could be replaced by the Marksman Trigger Job. However, the Marksman Trigger Job affects accuracy, which could not be not corrected for, as well as recoil. While the Field Trigger Job only affects recoils, which could be managed. Both modification will increase the Thompson's RoF to 720rpm
- Please note: The Field Trigger Job could be replaced by the Lightening Spring. However, same like Marksman Trigger Job, it affects accuracy and recoil, which could be not corrected for, as well as range. While the Field Trigger Job only affects recoils, which could be managed. Both modification will increase the Thompson's RoF to 720rpm
- Decent Rate of Fire
- Very accurate from close to far
- Easy to aim for heads cause to low recoils
- Can outmatch for STG44 (not exactly)
- Rate of Fire may less than that of enemy weapons
- Expensive could leave you broke
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Christmas Sale on SMGs and the limited Christmas SMG skins heroesandgenerals.com