We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Wiki Todo List
Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from wikipedia
Copying material without the permission of the copyright holder from sources that are not public domain or compatibly licensed (unless it's a brief quotation used in accordance with Wikipedia's non-free content policy and guideline) is likely to be a copyright violation. Even inserting text copied with some changes can be a copyright violation if there's substantial linguistic similarity in creative language or structure; this is known as close paraphrasing (which can also raise problems of plagiarism). Such a situation should be treated seriously, as copyright violations not only harm Wikipedia's redistributability, but also create legal issues .
References[edit | edit source]
NOTICE - These are to be replaced with new naming standard that will follow the object ID's used in the game. Currently the list of ID's can be found in the `Wiki Todo List` talk page.
|Combat Ribbon Image IDs||Ribbon|
|Badge Image IDs||Badge|
|Weapon Image IDs||Weapon|
|Weapon Mods Image IDs||Weapon|
|Vehicle Image IDs||Vehicle|
|Rank Image IDs||Rank|
|Soldier Image IDs||Other|
Spreadsheet data[edit | edit source]
- Have been busy with my move overseas! Anyway guys thought I would link this ReDemoNs (aka ArmySanli) Stats page We will most likely start taking stats and prices off this great source as opposed to the reto sources - perhaps later we will get some tank armour thickness.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ReDemon's spreadsheet will soon be outdated. This ONLY AFFECTS THE PRICES, not the armour values as of now. -Frannn (Frannleman)
- About this spreadsheet - this data comes from the Core Testers group (ReDemon and a few other including me) can test these things and they are more or less retested each build. Hopefully the layout makes it easier for us to update layouts of infoboxes with more relevant/useful information.-- AFRICANDAVE 17:13, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
CONSTANT:[edit | edit source]
- I need help updating the "Category:Vehicles" list. None of the Russian vehicles have been listed. -Frannn
- If new templates have been created please include them in a category or create a new on in the list above. -- AFRICANDAVE 11:25, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- The same applies for weapons, vehicles, ribbons and badges. -- AFRICANDAVE 11:27, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
- Credit and Gold Prices for weapons and vehicles need to be re-checked as V-build has seen some new additions, I think all Warfund costs have remained the same. -- AFRICANDAVE 11:24, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
NEW:[edit | edit source]
Young update[edit | edit source]
- Lot of stuff needs updating. I added "some" images, still missing few. --Brakke (talk) 20:09, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
- My game is acting up, but as soon as I get it working, I will start making the new templates for the ribbons and adding the descriptions for the new stuff -Nemotoad 23:38, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
Naming Standards[edit | edit source]
- As I have been uploading images, it is quite hard to put anything descriptive into the image name. Currently the wiki holds enormous amount of images, and they are all more or less organized in the standards of naming them. I'd like to see some sort of a standard in naming all the images that we need en masses here, this includes (but not limited to) weapons, characters and vehicles. Also changing JPEG images in favour of PNG is desired, as there is a lot of transparency in many images, and dropping the file identifier in many templates becomes easy.
- Weapons, vehicles and characters should be quite standerdised already but camos and skins I think are quite messy. Each vehicle should have a "code" eg 109's are FP_1. I'll have a look to see what sort of things are amiss. +1 on the PNG format. -- AFRICANDAVE 12:30, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Ok, After having another look it some of the naming standards have become overly complicated. Lets have a think how best to organise the clusterf**k that we have going on here.-- AFRICANDAVE 12:15, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- Because I believe we still might have a few images with IDs different from their game ID, I suggest that we leave the images we currently have alone, and continue with Brakke's naming system (he uploads almost all of them anyway). -Nemotoad 15:53, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- So looking into it - V MC 4 78.PNG Is the ketten with a skin - is this the name of the file that is pulled directly from game source? if so you can see the original idea behind coding the weapons in a Catagory_type_number format. however weapons don't need it as it is eg File:WPN_12_275.png is the mosin with skin but we currently have it as W_RI_10.png (AFAIR). If this is the case then all we need to do to move to the "Name images the same as they are named in file source - eg reto file system" approach is rename/move all the weapons+possible some skins. This way if they are ever updated (like all the vehicle skins have in the previous build) it is a simple matter of uploading and replacing them. Are all mods the same/different? -- AFRICANDAVE 16:54, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- No, the reto system has only an id for different items, and skins have id_otherid naming standard. Think kettenkrad was 75_78 for the file name. The difference is made in the folder structure, thus I have added the prefix myself usually to follow the wiki standard on those images. Will post more details on it tomorrow when back home. --Brakke (talk) 17:17, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
Adams Update[edit | edit source]
- Putting all APCs into ISVs (Infantry Support Vehicles) category, with the upcoming AAAs. (Not to be confused with Recon IFVs)
- Excellent :) was wondering how to cat them, damn they look like they will be a lot of fun!-- AFRICANDAVE 22:19, 9 January 2016 (UTC)