From Heroes & Generals Wiki
|Main Cannon:||20mm ShVAK|
|Machine Gun:||12.7mm UBS MG|
|Bomb(s):||50kg FAB-100 (4x)|
|Class Restriction||Fighter Pilot|
|“||The Yakovlev Yak-9 is one of the best piston engine fighter aircraft fielded during ww2. It is armed with a powerful 20mm cannon and a 12.7mm machine gun mounted in the nose of the plane.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- In order to destroy enemy armor, try dive-bombing enemy tanks. To do this, fly straight down at them and drop a bomb. You will have to bomb the tank multiple times, since your bombs are small.
- Never carpet bomb, it looks cool, but you will most likely only hit with one of your bombs.
- Don't waste your bombs. Even though you have got four, drop each of them precisely on targets, as they have a smaller blast radius.
- The Yak-9B is smaller than the BF109, so if a BF109 is on your tail, you should go close to the ground or trees to evade them.
- Note that the Yak-9B is a fragile plane; and it will get damaged by anything that hits it, so you need to be extra careful whilst flying it.
- The Yak-9B has very good Camouflage, with Forest Green above and Sky Blue below. While flying slow and high or very low, it will be extremely difficult for enemy AA or enemy planes to spot you.
|Name||Penetration||Damage||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost|
|[20x99R] 20mm BZ||20mm - 40mm||30 - 40||775 m/s||2,600||31|
|[20x99R] 20mm OFZ High Explosive||2mm - 10mm||20 - 30||750 m/s||11,000||130|
|[20x99R] 20mm BZT Armor Piercing||40mm - 60mm||40 - 55||790 m/s||6,500||78|
|Using the Yak-9 fighter aircraft in battle will earn you points on this ribbon. Points are scored for damaging or killing enemy aircraft as well as ground units.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- As of 2016-4-21, the game does not yet have penetration fall off with distance.
- Against armor